Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The beginnings of Pregnancy

In the two weeks since we discovered that we are pregnant, my level of understanding and empathy of pregnant women around the world has reached himalayan heights, and continues to climb....

How do women do this?

I had no nausea until my pregnancy was confirmed with the doctor. The confirmation was like waving red flag to the previously dulcit bull. Nausea, crazy amounts of peeing, sensitivity to smells, dry retching, inability to eat foods that I previously loved... inability to eat pretty much anything.

My devotion to the field of natural health, had me heading straight for my reference books.

My fourth week consisted of eating, drinking and consuming however I could...


Ginger. A pregnant woman's saving root.
As a tea, cut up into bits and put with hot water, this stuff will make the nausea feel like a distant relative rather than a conjoined twin.



Water
. Lots of it.



Miso. As a paste on cruskits or as a soup. This was the only thing I could stomach eating. The idea of anything else, even just thinking about it, would make the nausea twenty times worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment